Curriculum Innovation Center
Spring Branch Campus, 707
Phone: (713) 718-5839
The Curriculum Innovation Center has a central mission of meeting faculty at the intersection of pedagogy and technology and working with them to design relevant and engaging learning experiences.
Through our creative staff, our faculty mentors and our facilities, we offer many opportunities for faculty and programs to explore and discover ways to integrate technology into the curriculum. Read on for more information on our services and how to work with us.
The CIC lab at Spring Branch is equipped with Dell and Mac workstations. View the software list to see what is currently available. There is also a flatbed scanner available for use. The lab can be used for any professional activities but is recommended for the following:
- Instructional content creation
- Eagle Online course development
- Learning Web portfolio development
- Document scanning
Our faculty mentors are active HCC professors who also work in our department assisting faculty in their use of technology as part of their in person and online instruction.
Consultation sessions can be scheduled with the faculty mentor at the Spring Branch campus. Having an appointment ensures that you have an agreed upon time to meet that works with your schedule.
Instructional Media Services
Faculty and instructional teams may request the assistance of our professional staff for instructional projects that require advanced expertise in:
- Audiovisual Recording & Production (audio and/or video recording and editing for events, lectures, screen casting)
- Graphic Design (informational graphics, presentations)
- Web Design & Development (web content management, blog setup, social media)